Well happy almost spring to you!
I am so excited about this time of year – it’s my favorite. While certainly, my husband’s allergies don’t enjoy the abrupt visit of springtime, for me it’s more than welcome. Seeing the sun every day, and feeling the gentle breeze coupled with the best temperatures all year is absolutely perfect.
Well, today while working on what to share next on the blog, I thought up the recipe posted on veganboyfriend.com for vegan peanut butter cookies. I decided, why not make a derivation (with some alterations of course) of this cookie?
And guess what? It worked!
Why you should try vegan peanut butter cookies
These cookies are vegan, gluten-free, and paleo, so obviously they are very flexible with ingredient exchanges to fit your specific diet and palate. How about that?
Hooray for healthy -and- delicious cookies!
I served these almond butter cookies up with some original almond-cashew milk and wowee!
They are so soft, melt-in-your-mouth, and mmmm almond buttery goodness.
Paleo Vegan Almond Butter Cookies
© Sweet n’ Savory Life
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 scooped cup of blanched almond flour
- ½ cup natural creamy almond butter
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium glass mixing bowl and form a cookie dough. If too wet, add a little more almond flour for consistency.
- Next, use a spoon to scoop uniform amounts of cookie dough into the palms of your hands, and roll it into balls. Lay each cookie dough ball onto a lined baking sheet, separated appropriately.
- Use a fork now to gently flatten the tops of each cookie with cross-hatches.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, and allow them to completely cool on top of the stove before serving them with your favorite dairy-free milk.
Don’t forget your favorite dairy-free milk! Trust me…
I Think You’d Also Love…