I mean, if you can put sweet + healthy into the same sentence, then I am all ears!
Guess that’s why I made a super delicious pumpkin pie this year for Thanksgiving that I have to, have to, have to share with you before Christmas (crossing my fingers)!
Anyway, these little coconut fudge truffles (truffles, bites, balls, whatever you want to call them) are perfect for a sweet craving that you want to justify.
Or they are perfect before heading out to the gym (green smoothie too okay?)
Talk about: fiber, omega-3, protein, vitamin E, B-complex, magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium!
Why get another store purchased energy/power bar?
So, if you want a vegan, gluten free, paleo fudge ball (truffle, bite, whatever) recipe then listen up! It’s simple -no- very simple!
This recipe makes +/- 14-16 balls or so…double if you want more.
Just look at them! So delicious! There is a reason these are one of the most popular recipes on my blog! You have finally found the best!
HEALTHY AND SWEET COCONUT FUDGE TRUFFLES
©Sweet n’ Savory Life
Recipe type: Carob/Chocolate Dessert
- ¾ cup pecan halves
- ½ cup soft pitted dates, I used 10 Dole California Whole Pitted Dates
- ¼ cup carob or cacao powder, I used Chatfield’s
- 1 tbsp milled flax
- 3 tbsp pure grade B maple syrup
- 2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened finely shredded coconut flakes for rolling the finished truffles in
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process on high until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- (note: I cannot stress enough how this must be done in a food processor. Tried my high power blender and…. yeah….use a food processor)
- Remove mixture from the food processor, and roll into 12 balls on cookie sheet or piece of foil.
- Roll prepared fudge balls into ¼ cup of coconut flakes.
- Place a tooth pick in each (if you want. But finger food works too).
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
I Think You’d Also Love…