Welcome to winter (especially if you live in a cold state…warm state dwellers, we despise you right now)!
This year is fast flying away from us, and before you know it we will be ringing in the New Year! This is so exciting.
Beyond the fact that seriously a LOT has been going on in my world with ghost writing on everything from paleo vegan dishes to how-to articles on spiralizers, I couldn’t help but to remember my own gluten-free followers and share with you this super easy and mega delicious recipe that always make my precious niece Anya smile.
It’s coconut banana sushi!
Now mind you, she loves real vegan sushi too, but this is one of those quick snacks that you can give kids (minus the chop sticks of course), that is healthy and seriously something they will ask for often. Plus, it doesn’t take nearly as much of the effort as real sushi – whew!
As my niece puts it, the recipe for this coconut banana sushi is easy-peasy-pudding-pie. So here you go busy moms and dads.
Enjoy and let me know in the comments how you and the kiddos like it for snack!
- 1 large banana, ripe but not speckled
- 2 Tablespoons creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- (Optional): Carob chips, chocolate chips, gluten-free cereal, or sprinkles, for decoration
- Peel the banana and place it on a cutting board or flat plate.
- Using a butter knife, gently spread approximately two Tablespoons of creamy all natural almond or peanut butter onto the banana, spreading it evenly all around the banana. Try to cover all surface area.
- Sprinkle liberally coconut flakes all over almond or peanut buttered banana.
- Finally, add the optional finishing touches, and evenly cut banana into slices.
- Serve and watch your child smile!
Who would have known snack time could be so fun and yummy?
Talk about a positive way to get potassium, protein, and healthy fats in your family’s diet!