A wonderful and happy new year to you! As I sit here blogging with my teal mug of hot apple cider, I feel so blessed and inspired. I kinda wish I had one of these chocolate chip pecan sandies though …
Anyhow, I read a beautiful scripture on December 31st. It was truly the perfect verse for my new year. It encouraged me, so I thought to pass it on… Something I have never done on the blog before:
Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert. (Isaiah 43:19).
Beautiful isn’t it? It certainly was to me.
And, while I cannot begin to act like I know what it means for me in it’s fullness, throughout the year I am going to explore and claim it as I continue pursuing what I love the most!
Here’s a challenge, why don’t you spend some time meditating on that verse …Who knows what it may mean in the context of your very own life!
Along to other things…
I want to share with you today my new and delicious paleo-friendly, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, divinely delicious chocolate chip pecan sandies. I know, I know, who doesn’t love sandies?
I have searched far and wide for a recipe like this and could never find anything close. So, with a little tweak here and there from my perfect Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, I present to you the best pecan sandies on the face of this planet!
With chocolate chips…so bam! Come check them out!
No kidding, this recipe is fun, healthy, and delicious!
Here is what you will need to do to make these…
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons fine blanched almond meal
- ¼ teaspoon + ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ cup carob or dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Liquid Ingredients:
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure grade-b maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond or coconut milk
- 2 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium/large bowl.
- In a second bowl, mix all liquid ingredients together.
- Next, add liquid ingredients to the dry, and mix well.
- Once the cookie dough is well combined, prepare for baking by placing non-stick parchment paper onto a cookie pan.
- Begin rolling 16 to 18 uniform sized cookie dough balls, placing each spaced well apart on the cookie pan. Gently press cookies down with your fingers, but only a little (seriously, don't push them flat...leave then sort of round and plump!)
- Place cookies into the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, but no more than that!
- After 9-10 minutes check them for readiness, and by all means remove them from oven at 12 minutes max.
- Allow the cookies to cool outside of the oven for 5-10 minutes before eating.
Happy baking and guilt-free bliss to you! Let me know how you loved them! ~Bella