Is it just me, or has it been very very hot outside lately? Okay, forget the wonder – I know it isn’t just me. My car, house, and iPhone read that it is a scorcher. I don’t know about where you are at, but the worse thing is, it’s not just very hot here either! It is humid, windy, and allergens are attacking my nose ~ acchooo! (yes I covered my face with my full elbow – smiles).
Sighs, thanks Midwest….
To be totally transparent with you, this weather has all but immobilized me. In between running from air conditioning to air conditioning and cool showers, there is very little that I love more than eating a lot of (a) sweet watermelon, or (b) creamy vegan ice cream.
And, when I am just so happen playing the “hit or miss” game with watermelons, I find myself resigned to (yes) the ice cream.
Now, on a serious note, I have been greatly enjoying SoDelicious’ new cashew milk ice creams….buuuuut, when I don’t want to spend $5-$6 for the what seems to be *sample size* ice cream, I make it for half the cost or more, and it is perfect!
That leads me to today’s ice cream recipe! It’s one of my favorites – my vegan almond butter chocolate ice cream with carob chips! Here take a peek!
This vegan, gluten free, paleo-friendly, and refined sugar free almond butter chocolate ice cream is something to feast your eyes on too – not too long though, or it will melt. This is truly creamy, mouth watering, and sweet tooth satisfying.
Hey, hey! Maybe before my hubby and I take off for Texas next week, I will make more!
It’s so cold, sweet, and refreshing!
Okay, really. Let me stop drooling! Here is what you will need…
- 2-1/2 thirteen-point-five (13.5) ounce cans of full fat coconut milk
- ¾ cup coconut or maple sugar
- ¼ to ⅓ cup carob powder (or cocoa powder)
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1-1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp guar gum
- Carob (or chocolate) chips
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender on *ice cream*, MINUS the carob (chocolate) chips.
- Transfer all ingredients to your ice cream maker.
- Watch ice cream maker, and when ice cream begins firming up in about 20 minutes, add in the carob chips.
- Eat as is, or freeze in an appropriate freezer container for firmer texture.
- ***NO-CHURN ICE CREAM INSTRUCTIONS BELOW ***
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender on *ice cream*, except the carob (chocolate) chips.
- Transfer all ingredients to a metal bowl, and add in carob chips.
- Place ice cream into a freezer container, smoothing the top of the ice cream, and placing a piece of plastic wrap over top in order to prevent ice from forming on top.
- Freeze overnight, and for next day use, remove from freezer at least 15 minutes before scooping.
Enjoy your ice cream, it’s hot outside!