I am just super *giddy* right now!
I’m literally extra excited to the point of disorientation (maybe?) as I haven’t been this fueled about a new recipe in a few days! Really, like since my no-bake blueberry vanilla cheesecake recipe, which by the way you need to try!
Okay (deep breathing to relax)…
After a rather onerous weekend, I was left wondering in my mind if I would have the gumption to create something fantastic this week. Then it came to me!
Sincerely, today’s masterpiece recipe was therapeutic, and made me sing comparably as much as witnessing (okay basketball fans) Russell Westbrook’s massive 4th consecutive triple-double (a first since Michael Jordan in 1989) today!
So… Allow me the honors of introduce you to my Sweet n’ Savory Life soft, chewy, warm, “move-out-of-the-way-Toll-House” delicious, vegan, and paleo chocolate chip cookies!
These chocolate chip cookies are the best! Almost hard to remember that they are vegan and paleo.
I’ve made chocolate chip cookies here before, and they were certainly good, but these arguably surpassed them requiring no grains, nor refined sugar. Crazy huh?
I do hope by the way that some of you are impressed by the new selection of paleo recipes. I have been working on not only gluten free and vegan recipes, but like wise refined sugar free and paleo so that we can all celebrate!
Really! You should celebrate when you make these! Surprise coworkers and family with your new allergy-friendly expertise, or simply tie these paleo chocolate chip cookies in some cutesy ribbon, place them in creative packaging, and drop them by a girlfriend’s house to say, “yep, I still thinks you’re an awesome BFF!”
No doubt, you’re gonna shine if you make these!
So yes, bookmark the recipe, tweet about it, or pin it to your Pinterest, because this is a simple and delicious way to shine like the sun!
Aren’t they just lovely? Ready? Set? Go make them!
- Dry Ingredients Bowl:
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp of super fine blanched almond meal
- ½ cup chocolate or carob chips
- ¼ + ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp himalayan sea salt
- Liquid Ingredients Bowl:
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond or coconut milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium/large sized mixing bowl.
- In a second medium sized bowl, melt the coconut oil, and then add remaining liquid ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Next, add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix well until cookie dough is formed.
- Then, to prepare for baking, place non-stick parchment paper onto a cookie pan, and begin rolling 16 to 18 uniform sized cookies, placing each spaced well apart on the cookie pan. Gently press cookies down with your fingers, but only a little!
- Place cookies into the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- After 9-10 minutes, or 12 minutes max, remove cookies from oven, and allow to cool outside of the oven for 5-10 minutes before eating.
Note: These chocolate chip cookies can store in your refrigerator for a week or more and still taste yummy! Of course, nothing is like cookies fresh out of the oven, when they are the softest. Make sure you share with your family!
So did you make ’em yet?
Let me know in the comments if you did. I would love to know about your new found paleo chocolate chip cookie addiction :)