Have you been as cold as I have lately? Are you ready to warm up with some delicious hot chocolate that is better than what any packet of hot cocoa can offer? No really! Then…psss, lean in a little bit…. This is it! You have arrived!
Today I want to show you how to easily impress your family and friends with this warm, absolutely fantastic, easy to make, and perfect vegan hot chocolate.
It is healthier than anything you could pick up from a store, and honestly it does not require a lot of work. In fact, I am so confident in this one that even my 2012 Starbucks-like vegan hot chocolate has nothing (and I mean nothing) on it. That’s how much I know you are going to love it.
The vanilla, almond-coconut, and pure maple flavors pairing with the chocolatey richness I have before you makes this easily perfection!
Perhaps the most amazing thing is that this recipe is prepared in a flash! It seriously does not require more than five minutes of your time.
This recipe serves one, but could easily (and really should) be doubled to make two because it’s too good not to share!
No kidding, I had prepared this with my husband in mind for the honest taste testing, and geez, I had a hard time giving it to him! All sorts of reasons why I needed it more than him ran across my mind. Then of course, I felt guilty and surrendered the hot chocolate to my love. After all (sighs) he needed it more than I did. I am still finishing the other *sweet* treat I have coming up soon on the blog for you! And those are good too!
So what do you say? Let’s get to that delicious, rich, chocolatey hot chocolate?
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond coconut milk
- 1-1/2 tbsp carob (or cocoa) powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond coconut milk
- 1 to 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- vegan marshmallows, I used Dandies
- Mix together the ¼ cup of dairy free milk, carob, and coconut sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl, and place mixture in a medium sauce pan on medium heat.
- Stir until this mixture until it becomes a dark syrup-like consistency.
- Next, add 1 cup of additional dairy free milk, pure maple syrup, and the vanilla extract.
- Serve in a mug with vegan marshmallows!
Note: While this recipe is perfect as is, if you do not have vegan marshmallows why not go purchase some rice or coconut whipped cream and add a dollop of that in your hot chocolate. I know just how hard it can be at times to find specialty ingredients, so just be creative. But, if you must, this is still good whether you have the add in’s or not! Enjoy and stay warm!