Happy new week! I’m very happy about this week because of the awesome, delicious, fun recipes that I have in store for you! Yes, although clouds, rain, and snow have temporarily eclipsed our lovely spring-like weather here in the Midwest, I’m feeling sunny – plus next week our sun is suppose to be back out – yay!
Particularly, this weekend a couple of cool things have happened regarding the blog that I want to share with you:
First, I learned that the top searched for and loved recipes on SNSL for over a month now have been my: lemon ginger blast, carob coconut fudge truffles, and biscuits and gravy. Delicious awesomeness! And thank you for your kindness of coming on the blog often and making the recipes! It reminds me often why I do this!
Second, I learned that because of you, more people are finding and being able to try these recipes too! I mean, not to lavish you with my thankfulness, but I love you, you are awesome, and I am grateful! Keep sharing!
Now, about this recipe today. Just take a look at this beautiful, creamy, banana cream pudding.
Here is what is behind the recipe (just to give you the “skinny”). This entire past week I have been banana crazy!
Well, to be accurate, I have been crazy about any fruit I can get my hands on. If you do not live in the interior states of the USA, you may not understand this, but here in the middle states, there is a drought of good fruit in the winter months.
Therefore, clarifying the current banana craze, there has not been a drought of good creamy bananas! Grateful!
With that in mind, I had to capitalize on the abundance of bananas. That is why I have for you a delicious creamy banana pudding recipe today.
This banana pudding is quick and does not require any cooking. It is vegan, paleo, gluten free, and absolutely full of flavor.
True natural creamy goodness.
As a note before hand, please read the instructions before you begin any part of this recipe. Here is what you will need to do.
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated cream only
- 2 large very ripe bananas, cut up
- 1-1/2 to 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp milled flax, cold-milled golden
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ ground cinnamon
- Coconut flakes and/or almond meal, for garnish
- Prepare for pudding overnight by placing a can of full fat coconut milk into the refrigerator so that the cream can separate from the water. You will use the cream in the can tomorrow (not the water - you can save or drink that).
- The next day, preparing the pudding is super simple...
- Place all ingredients in order into a food processor or blender, and blend until creamy/smooth.
- Store pudding in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Make sure you leave a comment if you try this, and as always, be kind and share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest or something!
I bet this healthy banana cream pudding would taste wonderful on top of my blueberry pecan pancakes as a nice banana cream substitute! You should try it!