Hey there friends!
We are all settled into the new year it appears and I am still excited.
Everyone should have already made their resolutions, and I am just totally optimistic.
What have been some of the resolutions that you are excited about?
For me, I would say that my desire is to kick it up a notch with my personal fitness goals, and I would like to purchase a juicer this year because while I a.d.o.r.e my Blendtec blender, I prefer whole fruit/vegetable juices meaning, I don’t have to add liquid (water). So, that is the next investment/toy that I want this year. I don’t know, I just think it is time. I really want to focus on cellular health more, so that is exciting!
Otherwise, as it pertains to you…
I really want to focus on putting up at least two recipes per week. In the past I would do one every other week (or sometimes even once a month). I have surely had good reasons, but honestly it matters to me to produce quality content so that you can have a happy healthy home, so I am happy that I finally made that resolution as well.
While I am plugging away trying to make Sweet n’ Savory Life the absolute best that it can be, I wanted to share with you another recipe for truffles, bites, whatever you want to call them.
Remember last time I couldn’t settle on whether I made bites, balls, or truffles with this post: Healthy and Sweet Coconut Fudge Truffles?
Well, I am still at that place. So suffice it to say I still swap terms – if that is okay with you!
Anyway, this time I decided to toy with my other recipes a bit and add in hazelnuts!
Tada! Everyone loves hazelnuts!
These were just an awesome addition to these bites, further intensifying the fudgy goodness, so I hope you love them.
I did roll them this time in different toppings, and while I liked some, there were others that I didn’t prefer.
So here are my favorite toppings to roll these bites in from the best:
#1 – coconut flakes
#2 – carob powder
#3 – nothing at all
The ones I was not fond of were:
#1 – vegan sprinkles
#2 – gluten free oats
#3 – brown rice crisps
So there you go. Roll these bites in whatever you want and let me know what your favorite was.
Here is the recipe! Enjoy!
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup hazelnut pieces
- ½ cup soft pitted dates
- ¼ cup carob or cacao powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp milled flax
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place pecans and hazelnut pieces into your food processor and grind pecans and hazelnuts until they are in medium/fine pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients, and process until a very thick dough-like consistency is achieved.
- When complete, remove S-blade carefully, and using a spoon, spoon out some of the mixture into your hands,and roll portions of the mixture into uniform balls one by one.
- Place each completed hazelnut fudge bite onto a piece of parchment paper.
- After all bites are rolled into ball shapes, sprinkle coconut, carob/cacao powder, sprinkles, whatever you desire onto the parchment paper, and gently roll each fudge bite into mixture until they are all coated.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Fudgy deliciousness for sure! Make sure you share these with someone because seriously, you will eat them all. They are just that good!