So guys I am very excited about this recipe! I have been wanting to do muffins again for a long time, and today just seemed to be the right day.
I am particularly excited about this recipe because they are perfection delicious without refined sugar, and I know that is just awesomeness for those of you who are trying to stay away from refined sugar.
If you prefer to use cane sugar, that is fine too! It works perfectly and I wont be mad :)
This recipe is certainly going to be a keeper if you try it!
Not only is your house going to smell amazing, but these are super easy to bake and come out just perfect! They are soft and bready, and moist, perfect fresh out of the oven!
Look at the beautiful color on these!
You will not be able to tell that they are gluten free at all.
Just look at them! Talk about gluten Free vegan goodness!
These muffins not only bake beautifully, but they also store beautifully as well.
You can eat the one or ones :) that you want, and then store the rest in a freezer bag until you are ready to have another. They are the perfect little add on to your breakfast, or the perfect dessert to calm your sweet tooth!
All you do after you freeze them is preheat your oven, and put them in for about 5 minutes, and I promise that they will taste like you JUST baked them! Promise!
Now go enjoy these and let me know in the comments if you loved them!
- (a) Wet Ingredient Bowl:
- 1 cup vanilla almond-coconut milk + 1 tbsp ACV
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce or vegan mayo
- (b) Dry Ingredient Bowl:
- 1-1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp milled flax
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- (c) Fold in:
- 1 cup frozen berry medley
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare berries by chopping them for a few seconds in a food processor.
- Then begin preparing your muffin mix by mixing the wet ingredients in a large bowl followed by the dry ingredients in a second bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix in well (but don't over mix).
- Fold in the frozen berries (my mix had blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries).
- Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin cups.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add muffin mix to the 12 muffin cups.
- Place in the oven, and bake muffins for 30 minutes more or less.
- Once done, turn off oven and allow them to sit in the oven for 5 minutes
- Then remove, and allow to cool.
Again, as I stated about this recipe, these muffins store perfectly! You may place the remaining muffins in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days and then place in the freezer to keep forever (okay, not so much forever LOL).