One thing that I have really enjoyed this past summer is making breakfast parfaits. I have made them so many ways this summer that if I were to have posted them all, you would have thought this was a smoothie recipe website only!
I do not know what it is…
These parfaits are just so delicious and light on the system that they kind of trick your body into thinking that it is getting dessert, which is awesome, right?
This parfait is sweet, healthy, and satisfying! Completely guilt free!
Another thing that I am sure that you will appreciate is that it is quick and simple to make — really!
I know that it may look a little complicated for some (like my husband), but really it isn’t. Once you make the smoothie, layering is a piece of cake. And the coolest thing, is that it is completely customizable.
Of course, for me I am currently in love with all things blueberry and banana at the moment so why would I encourage you to customize this perfectly perfect blueberry banana parfait? psh! I wouldn’t (wink… do what you want! LOL!).
But before you customize it can you promise me one thing? You will try it as is first, because it is seriously p-e-r-f-e-c-t!
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 2 very ripe sweet bananas
- ¼ to ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 large banana, chopped
- Approx. ¼ cup pecan halves
- Unsweetened coconut shreds
- To a blender, add coconut milk, ripe bananas, and frozen blueberries. Blend this until thick and smooth. If you added too much milk, add a little more blueberries and blend. If you cannot get it smooth, its okay - blueberry chunks add a nice texture!
- Next, place the blueberry banana mixture into the bottom of your cup(s).
- Chop the ripe large banana and layer it next in the bowl or cup. Half and half if you are making two cups.
- Add the pecan halves next.
- Add to the top unsweetened coconut shreds - this step makes it cute!
Note: If you are making this just for you, follow instructions as written. If the parfait is for you and another, make sure to disperse the banana, pecans, and coconut shreds fairly :)
Enjoy this, and by the way, let’s be friends on Instagram! I post on there all of my culinary adventures that don’t necessarily make the cut for the website, but they look awesome and can inspire you too! Find me on Instagram at @SweetnSavoryLife. ~Bella