Here is another twist to home fries!
If you remember, a while back I posted a recipe already for simple oven baked home fries. However, Mrs. Dash seasoning is not always easy to come by, so I wanted to post a recipe for home fries that didn’t require that seasoning.
These are not your usual home fries though. They are super savory!
These have a lot of flavor and look so beautiful when plated beside your main breakfast dish, or even as an accent to your main course.
Most recipes for home fries stick to utilizing potatoes, oil, salt, garlic, and onion. But for these, I try to incorporate both seasonings, and fresh cilantro – the secret that sets it over the top!
You could even add parsley. Yum.
So, here is a way to make some flavor filled home fries to go beside your tofu eggs, in a breakfast burrito, or to simply eat with some ketchup!
However you do it, these are tasty with a perfect little fresh flavor from the chopped cilantro. Perfectly spiced!
- 6-8 golden potatoes
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped small
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- dash paprika, (optional)
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, wash, peel, and dice the potatoes in cubes.
- Place a piece of foil on a flat oven tray, and add olive oil.
- Place diced potatoes on the foiled tray, and add the seasonings.
- Begin folding the potatoes into the seasonings until the seasonings are well distributed.
- Add the cilantro on top, and gently fold in as well.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and bake them for about 30 minutes (more or less) or until golden brown and soft.