I never would have thought that I could make absolutely the best cake donuts both gluten free and vegan before this very moment. I mean they are just perfect, and surely something for me to be excited about – and you too!
Seriously, these are addicting, for a fraction of the price of buying them at a local grocery store. Not to mention they taste the best fresh out of the oven.
These cinnamon sugar gluten free donuts make the house smell absolutely amazing! Warm tea, or hot cocoa with these anyone?
Here is what you will need to do in order to make these insanely delicious cake donuts.
- For The Cake Donut:
- (a) Dry Ingredient Bowl:
- ¾ cup and 1 tbsp brown rice flour
- ½ cup and 1 tbsp potato starch
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- ¼ cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup and 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp guar gum
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup oil
- (b) Wet Ingredient Bowl:
- 5½ tbsp apple puree, or sauce
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp warm dairy-free milk + ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cinnamon-Sugar Topping:
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, prepare your batter, by mixing all ingredients for cake donut in a large mixing bowl.
- Start by mixing your flours/starches in one bowl, and your liquids in another bowl.
- Add the liquids to the flours, and mix well - but never over mix.
- Once the batter is made (it should not be too thick or thin), prepare a donut pan by spraying oil into each donut section of the pan, and add 2½ tbsp of donut batter into each section carefully.
- Place donuts in the oven to bake for no more than 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow them to cool, in the donut pan for at least 5-7 minutes, while you prepare the cinnamon brown sugar topping.
- The cinnamon brown sugar topping can be made simply by mixing together in a glass bowl the required ingredients above thoroughly.
- Finally, after 5-7 or so minutes of the donuts standing, remove them carefully from the donut pan, and immediately start placing each in the glass bowl with the cinnamon brown sugar, and using your hands to place the cinnamon brown sugar mix on to each.
- Place each cinnamon sugared donut onto a baking sheet until ready to serve or store.
Note: These donuts can store in the refrigerator for a week, or you may freeze them.
If you baking them and you like them, comment below and share! ~Bella