I have been so excited about the feedback and inspiration that the caramel pecan sticky buns have generated, that I decided that we need one more take at these… something hazelnut – something chocolatey. You know where I am going, don’t you?
Comments from Instagram and Facebook have been streaming in letting me know that you all are LOVING these sweet treats, and that is fantastic – I love knowing what you love!
By the way, if you have not “liked” Sweet n’ Savory Life on Facebook, check me out over there! It’s a good way to keep in touch as I provide you with recipe updates.
We can even chat some if you have questions or comments.
Taking a look at the kitchen forecast for next month, I am going to begin a whole month of delicious savory dishes to balance out our sweet teeth a bit (I know, I know), but I promise it will be delicious, taste bud teasing, and a lot of fun.
Until then, here is another sticky bun for you, using Bob’s Red Mill products, as we have been doing all month. A completely satisfying product in terms of reliable results.
Chocolatey hazelnut sticky buns.
I know. Sounds phenomenal right?
Look at them…
With all of the craze about Nutella and that hazelnut-chocolatey goodness, I thought I would share with you a gluten free and vegan sticky bun that is the best of both worlds!
I say chocolate and hazelnut belong together now – I am a believer!
I have sub’ed out the chocolate for carob, which tastes the same essentially, but chocolate is just as fantastic.
They are so rich and decadent – Just flawless gluten free goodness.
- (Prior Prep):
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast + ½ tbsp cane sugar + ¼ c warm water (stand for 10 min)
- (a) Dry Ingredient Bowl:
- ¾ c white rice flour
- ½ c brown rice flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- ¾ c tapioca starch
- 2½ tsp guar gum
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- (b) Wet Ingredient Bowl:
- ¾ c warm coconut almond milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ c + 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- ⅓ c shortening, melted
- ¼ c vegan butter, melted
- ¼ c + 2 tbsp plain dairy free yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- (c) For the Filling:
- ½ c vegan carob or chocolate chips, semi-melted
- 3 tbsp cane sugar (or light or dark brown sugar)
- 3 tbsp vegan soy free butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- (d) For the Chocolatey Hazelnut Glaze:
- ½ c vegan soy free butter
- ½ c cane sugar
- ¼ c dairy-free milk
- 2-3 tbsp carob powder (cacao and cocoa powder work)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ c hazelnut pieces
- For the directions, please see my Caramel Pecan Sticky Bun Recipe.
Post for Instructions —> Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns <—
Enjoy these, and let me know what you think! As I said, I love receiving comments because it keeps me knowing your thoughts, and what you like. ~Bella