Let me introduce you to my favorite – and the most popular of my donuts. I have not stopped getting traffic for these because they are sincerely that amazing!
Vegan and Gluten Free Chocolaty Glazed Donuts
No compromise in flavor here!
These are just like the classic favorite, except with a subtle coconut flavor in the amazingly simple and sweet chocolaty glaze that does not require corn syrup!
These donuts are moist, and sincerely decadent. You will for sure want to eat a second and third – easily.
Just picture yourself in your favorite coffee shop (Starbucks maybe?), served up one of these warm, chocolaty beauties.
I know, I know. So delicious looking! Your house will smell heavenly!
These cute cafe-style doughnuts baked to perfection will surely impress your friends and family.
I am confident that I have prepared for you the best!
- For the Cake Donut:
- (a) Dry Ingredient Bowl:
- ¾ cup and 1 tbsp brown rice flour
- ½ cup and 1 tbsp potato starch
- ¼ cup sorghum flour
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp guar gum
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup vegan butter
- (b) Wet Ingredient Bowl:
- 5½ tbsp apple puree, or sauce
- 3 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp warm dairy-free milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- The Chocolatey Glaze:
- 1-1/4 cup vegan carob (or chocolate) chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, prepare your batter by mixing all ingredients for cake donut in a large mixing bowl.
- Start by mixing your flours/starches in one bowl, and your liquids in another bowl.
- Add the liquids to the flours, and mix well - but never over mix.
- Once the batter is made (it should not be too thick or thin), prepare a donut pan by spraying oil into each section of the donut pan, and add 2½ tbsp of donut batter into each section carefully.
- Place donuts in the oven to bake for no more than 15-18 minutes.
- After the time has come to completion, remove the donuts from the oven, and allow them to cool, in the donut pan for at least 20 minutes, while you prepare the glaze.
- The glaze topping can be made simply by placing all ingredients in a glass bowl, and microwaving them for 30-45 seconds on high. Then removing it and mixing it together.
- After 10 minutes of the donuts standing, remove them carefully from the donut pan and allow them to cool for 10 additional minutes.
- After cooled, you may begin glazing them, by spooning the glaze carefully on top of each donut.
- Once all donuts are glazed, allow them to sit in refrigerator for about 20 minutes or more to set the glaze onto the donuts.
- After you have consumed to your pleasure, you may store these in the refrigerator for a few days, or freeze them.
And again… enjoy these, and if you like them, leave a comment and share! ~Bella