As a little girl, my favorite cookies were consistently warm classic sugar cookies and soft chewy peanut butter cookies. I would always get them wherever I could, especially from Subway when my mother and I went there on mother/daughter dates (Yay for mother/daughter dates).
Anyway, I remember the cookies there … they were always so warm, chewy, soft, delicate, and sweet. No doubt, it was my favorite part of the meal. I still remember them – they were just perfect!
Today, I am proud to say, my favorite cookie preference has not changed. I still love classic sugar cookies and soft peanut butter cookies even as a gluten free and vegan individual.
I have recently been on a quest for a good gluten free vegan peanut butter cookie that would be soft, chewy, and 100% peanut buttery deliciousness, and this recipe I have prepared for you is just that!
In fact, when I made this very batch, many people who were neither vegan or gluten free requested the recipe! I was amazed. And do you know what? You will be too!
Here is what you will need to do…
- 1 ½ cups natural peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cups coconut sugar
- 3 Ener-G egg replacer "eggs"
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp guar gum
- Preheat the oven the 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl mix the peanut butter and coconut sugar well.
- Next, mix the remaining ingredients in separate bowl.
- Combine the two bowls into one and mix well.
- Make peanut butter cookie balls by gently rolling each in your hands gently.
- Once rolled, gently press into each hatch marks with a fork.
- Place each cookie on a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle some extra sugar on top lightly.
- Bake these cookies for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and allow them to cool completely on cookie sheet before moving.
Note: You do not want to bake these cookies until they are hard! They will come out of the oven very soft, but remove them from the oven anyway at around 10-12 minutes, and allow them to cool on top of the oven on the cookie tray, where they will naturally firm up.
Enjoy these with your family!