Today I wanted to share with you the results of using for the first time the Cherrybrook Kitchen pancake mix.
Of course there are several types of pancake mixes on the market now, but this one is definitely doable and satisfying. Is it better than Bisquick or Pamela’s? I wouldn’t necessarily say that, but if you are looking for pancakes that are not heavy or dense, then this mix is amazing! Some mixes fall short on the dense or soggy side, but these are fail proof.
How do I know? I made them with relatively no effort!
From the outset, looking at the simplistic ingredients on the label of Cherrybrook Kitchen pancake mix you think, “hmm, this should be interesting”. Yet, I was pleasantly surprised that the finished pancake product was actually very good!
Light, fluffy, and good!
What was even better was they did not require eggs to be so fluffy! Just look at them! Amazing huh?
Here is what I did if you want to make these Cherrybrook pancakes!
- 1 cup of Cherrybrook Kitchen Pancake Mix
- 2 tbsp milled flax
- ¾ cup tbsp dairy free milk
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 100% pure maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl, and stir well.
- Next, coat a griddle or pan with oil, and heat it to medium low.
- Add a dollop of batter on to the griddle or in the pan, and allow it to cook until a few bubbles form on the topside of the pancake, and the sides appear to be drying out.
- Flip the pancake and then cook second side until evenly golden brown.
- Top with your favorite vegan butter and pure maple syrup.
Note: If you would like to make Cherrybrook waffles instead here is what you do:
1 cup CBK pancake mix
3/4 cup + 1 tbsp dairy free milk
2 tbsp milled flax
2 tsp coconut oil, melted