Here is a delicious recipe for oven baked home fries. You could easily do this exact recipe in a skillet too (for those of you inclined use your good ol’ cast iron skillet with these). They do tend to turn out crispier on the stovetop.
However, for those of us who would prefer to bake instead of frying these, this is the perfect recipe for you! This recipe does not miss a beat, and it is totally flavorful.
We made these yesterday to go with tofu eggs (which I will make a recipe for), and they were so good on their own terms that we had to make a recipe for you.
These are perfect with breakfast, with lunch, or with dinner, so you pick!
Enjoy the recipe – if you love it, let me know!
- 6 russet potatoes
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 to 1-1/2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Original Table Blend
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, wash, peel, and dice your potatoes into cubes.
- Place a piece of foil on a flat oven tray, and add ½ of the olive oil to the tray.
- Now place your diced potatoes on the tray, add the rest of the oil and add the seasonings.
- Begin folding the potatoes into the oil and seasonings until the seasonings are well distributed.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and bake them for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Need another recipe for oven baked home fries? Click here for my garlic and cilantro baked home fries. They are definitely a hit!